My next blog will contain new pictures, but I couldn't wait until then to share my latest discovery about Griffin. At 16 1/2 months, he's showing all signs of readiness for potty training. Can it be true, or is it just wishful thinking? If we try too early, could our efforts backfire on us, only to end in frustration and permanently scarring our child for life? (I know, a little too paranoid, but it's our first child. I hear by the second child, these choices become much easier).
Here is the list of what Griffin is doing:
-Brings us a diaper when he wants to be changed.
-Hides in the corner, and drags one of his storage containers for the toys with him. He then climbs into the container, squats, and grunts away until his task is complete.
-Found that it's fun to walk around and squirt on things when he has no diaper. He never leaked before, but now, he seems to be doing it intentionally every time he gets the chance.
-Every time Corey and I ask him if he has to "poop", he responds by grunting very loudly, as if he's doing the deed.
I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it and see what happens. I mean, he's pooping in his storage container with a diaper. Now if we could transfer the act to a potty chair sans diaper, that would be true progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment