Monday, August 10, 2009

Hot summer!


The pictures below are mostly of when family visited during the month of June. When the Crofford family came, we travelled to Savannah for a day, enjoyed the beach, played putt-putt golf, and mostly stayed inside the rest of the time because it was sooooo hot! I think the temperatures were getting over 100 degrees. It was an overall good time.

Griffin with his cousin Katie at putt-putt



Griffin looking at the sky in Savannah

Griffin hanging out on the bench with Katie


Griffin hanging out with Grandma Crofford


Crofford family enjoying a day at the beach


Griffin and Daddy in Savannah


My parents came to visit a week after the Crofford side left. They first visited my sister-in -law and her 3 kids in Norfolk, VA (my brother is out to sea for the next 6 months). My sister-in-law's mother lives in North Augusta, so my parents caravanned with her, her 3 kids, and 3 dogs from Norfolk to Augusta. The next day, Griffin and I met up with them in Augusta so he could play with his cousins. We had a good time going to Fort Discovery, and playing on the playground nearby. In the afternoon, my parents caravanned with me and Griffin back to Atlanta. We also visited the Atlanta zoo. Below are some pictures.

Griffin and Grandma Audrain on the train at the zoo


Griffin already gambling at Fort Discovery



Griffin and Grandpa Audrain spelling letters at Fort Discovery


Griffin playing with the phone at Fort Discovery


It's now around August 10, over a month after these pictures were taken. July went by very quickly, and Griffin is now 23 months old. In my last blog, I jokingly said that he would learn how to spell his name before he spoke it. Thanks to Super Y and Sesame Street on PBS and Griffin taking his time learning to talk, he's getting closer than I thought he would. He now knows the letters G, D, O, and Z. He can say the letter D and O clearly. Although he recognizes G, he can't quite say it yet, so it comes out as "yaee". Z comes out as the "zsh". We went to the library a few days ago, and he ran to a carpet that had the alphabet on it, pointed to each letter, and tried to add a sound to each one; he only got the 4 letters I mentioned, the rest were creative attempts. Griffin flips through my magazines and ads to look for the letters, and will point them out to me, speaking them out loud. I can't believe how excited he is about letters, and can only think it's those shows on PBS that got him so interested in the alphabet. He's even looking for letters at the grocery store. I hope he's this excited 10 years from now when it will really count.

Overall, it's been a busy summer. In August, I'm hoping we'll get the chance to go swimming and go to the zoo a few more times. Whatever we do, I'll make sure to place it on the blog!


No comments: