I'm quickly learning that life will never be the same with Griffin around. He is now in the "mine!"stage, even though he hasn't learned the word. Everything he sees is his, and he wants it right away. The milk jug? He wants it. Orange juice container? It's his. Mom's coffee cup? Watch out! He'll snatch it away from you if you're not careful. If he doesn't get it, he screams, and has a temper tantrum. Luckily, I've read that this phase doesn't last too long.
I've also learned that I can't eat cookies in front of him anymore without sharing. Last night, I grabbed some milk and cookies. Griffin saw the cookies, so I quickly ate them, believing that he would soon forget I had the cookies, as he used to do. For the next five minutes, he became very upset, which I thought was because he wanted milk from my glass instead of his sippy cup. I couldn't settle him down. Corey finally asked, "Griffin, do you want a cookie?" Griffin yelled out, "Cookie!" and ran to the kitchen. Corey and I looked at each other, realizing Griffin just added a new word to his repertoire. The words he can now say pretty clearly are "Mama", "Daaadd" (he really pronounces that last "d"), Dan-t (for the dog, Dante), dog, and cookie. He is constantly trying to mimic other words as well.
The last thing Griffin really loves to do is dance and clap when music is played. We were finally able to get a little snippet of video a few weeks ago.
We'll end on that note for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment