Sunday, April 5, 2009

Is it April already????

The end of February and the entire month of March quickly flew by. Not only did one of my colleagues where I work resign at the end of February; which increased my workload by at least 30%; but I ended up being out of town for almost half the month of March. Needless to say, that left me very little time to update our blog.
For the first work week of March, I found myself in San Francisco, CA for a conference, which was located right on the Fisherman's Wharf. It was cloudy and rainy most of the week, but I can definitely say the highlight of the trip was not work-related. A few of us from the conference decided to eat at the hotel one evening, which is more of a snack area than full dining , so a very casual setting. A couple overheard our conversation, and joined us. Turns out the man was Smokey Robinson's cousin, from Smokey Robinson and the Miracles. I think his name was Bobby Rogers (White?), you can find him on Wikipedia if you want to learn more. He sang in the band, and still tours with the current group of Miracles. He said that he was in San Francisco because he was writing the soundtrack to an upcoming movie with John Travolta and Denzel Washington, and had met with the orchestra to record it. Of course, we didn't believe him and had Wi-Fi, so looked him up...and there he was. He also paid for our dinner, and put his name on the receipt, which matched what he told us. It was kind of a surreal experience, one I'm not sure I'll ever experience again. Although I missed home and family, I really enjoyed visiting San Francisco.

I then had a week back in the office, where I caught up from the previous week's phone calls, etc.. When I was finally able to come up for air, the week ended, and Corey, Griffin, me, and the two dogs loaded in the car to first head to St. Louis, MO, then on to Nebraska to visit family. At the end of the week, we drove back to St. Louis for my sister's wedding. Although we brought a camera, we kept forgetting to bring it with us, but a lot of others were taking pictures. If I get any copies of the pictures, I'll post them, but I'm kicking myself that I didn't get any myself.
The only pictures we got were of Griffin playing with his Aunt Anne and Uncle Matt's dog, Max. Griffin loves to give hugs to animals, but we kept missing the pose for the camera.





The look he's giving in the second picture is his "camera pose". Whenever we say smile, that's now the look he gives us. Turns out Griffin also loves to give hugs to the goats and pigs at the petting zoo. The only problem is that he will pet the animals with his left hand, and then when he leans over to give a hug, stick the same thumb that just touched the animal in his mouth. He has so much fun, that I can't just keep him away from the animals, so I've now found myself trailing Griffin with a couple of wet wipes, and wiping off his thumb every 10 seconds or so (yes, he gives out that many hugs). The last time we visited the zoo in Atlanta, Griffin started to run after the train every time it passed the petting zoo, jumping up and down and squealing with delight. Once he finds out where the train comes from, I have a feeling we'll be visiting the train station a lot more.
That's all for now, hopefully, more pictures will come in April.



No comments: