Thursday, August 19, 2010

Welcome, Callista!





Callista Alayna Crofford joined our family on July 27, 2010 at 7:03 am. She weighed 8 lbs, was 20.5 inches long, and scored a 9 both times on the Apgar test (which means she was very healthy). Griffin is loving his new role as a big brother.

Since Callista's birth, we have had both sides of the family visiting to meet her. Between hanging out with them, breastfeeding Callista every 2-3 hours, and everything else, it's been hard to find time to post anything. Hopefully, I'll add more in the future, because there are so many little things I want to write down so I don't forget.

Right now, though, I think I'll go back to hanging out with family. Corey's parents will be leaving tomorrow, and are the last of immediate family to visit. In the past month, Griff has had all of this attention from aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. I don't think he'll know what to do with himself tomorrow. I don't think Corey and I will know what to do with ourselves either.

Thank goodness his friend Gabriel has a birthday party on Saturday, and that pre-school is starting in a few weeks. We'[ll be getting back to a routine soon, which will be nice on one hand, but a little sad on the other. It means time with family, and the first weeks of Callista's life are coming to a close.





1 comment:

Christy said...

Congratulations on your beautiful girl!!!