Saturday, February 26, 2011

Winter2011

Time is quickly passing by.  Winter was very cold this year, with an ice/snow storm that kept almost everyone home in Atlanta for a week in January.  What I find funny is that Atlanta was made fun of for not being ready for this type of storm, yet when St. Louis had an almost identical storm, they were also out of commission for about 1 week (No school, businesses closed, everything shut down).

For the past week, though, we've had highs in the 60's and 70's, and now that we're almost into March, Spring will be just around the corner.

The biggest announcement is that I'm officially transferring to Gwinnett County with my job on March 1, which is where I live.  This means I'll be working with members who work in the Gwinnett County Schools.  This also means that my office is out of my home.  We're in the process of figuring out how we'll all fit in this tiny little house, but we'll make it work.  Luckily, about 50% of my time I'll be out in the field anyway, so this is more like my home base more than my home office.  There are also a few places with Wi-Fi, which I might frequent when things get too hectic at home.

Some things of note:

The picture in the winter collection that says "Dad of the Year" was given to Corey when he was out one day grocery shopping with the kids by himself.  One of the baggers saw him, and said, "Wait, this is for you!", and gave him the handwritten award.  The bagger said out of all the people he sees with their kids, Corey is the most patient, and felt he deserved an award.  We're going to keep it and frame it:)

Also, Callista had her 6 month appointment.  Her reaction to the 5 shots was identical to the one at 2 months: She let out one scream, sucked in her breath, twisted in my arms to look back at the nurse, and stopped crying so she could focus her energy on glaring a hole through the nurse.  The nurse turned around startled to make sure she was ok because it got so quiet.  Callista continued to follow the nurse until she walked out the door.

Winter 2011 Pictures:
https://picasaweb.google.com/taudrain1992/Winter2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCJL6-pfOxP_LtgE#slideshow/5578017039522734770

Christmas 2010 Pictures:
https://picasaweb.google.com/taudrain1992/Christmas2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCM3D2K3M4YjO2gE#slideshow/5578012719653765954

No comments: