Monday, September 13, 2010

Nursery Complete and Birthday Delights

Callista's Nursery
Callista's Nursery
Callista's Nursery
We finally finished the nursery, and are slowly transitioning Callista into the room.  The nursery would have been decorated before she was born, except the original sign that said "Dreams" that we purchased from Hobby Lobby disappeared.  Just skip this part if you don't want to hear me vent.  I will never shop at this Hobby Lobby again, as the manager made me feel like a criminal.   We purchased the text in this little cannister, put the bag in our car, brought the bag into our house, and when we opened it to pull out the cannister, it was missing.  Corey looked in the car to see if had fallen out; under the seats, on the floor, behind the car seats; everywhere.  No luck.  So I called Hobby Lobby the next day, and the lady on the phone said the manager was busy, and she would call me back.  Three hours later, I call again, saying that I hadn't heard back, that the cannister was missing, and I needed to know if it was left on the counter.  Again, same lady with an attitude as if I shouldn't have called back, and should have quietly waited for the manager to get back with me.  What horrible customer service!  An hour later, I finally call again, and get really assertive stating that it had been over 4 hours, and I really wanted to speak with the manager.  This lady gets on the phone, and watches me on the VIDEO CAMERA at the register to see what happened to the cannister.  After watching it, she claimed it was placed in my bag, and so they didn't have to replace it, and it wasn't their fault. OK, this is a $10 cannister, and I am not some customer who continues to come back claiming I can't find my purchases.  Something happened to the darn thing, whether it fell out in the parking lot, or the manager was looking at the wrong person when we were speaking, I don't know.  All I know is that it was the most anal retentive, ridiculous experience I've ever had as a customer anywhere.

OK, vent over.  So, you like the nursery?

On another note, Griffin celebrated his 3rd Birthday this past Friday, September 10th.  The pictures below are of Griffin opening his gifts from us that Friday.  For those who want to take the time, there is also a video of him opening his gifts.

BEFORE

AFTER


This past Saturday, we threw a party for him.  I took the kids out for a few hours that morning so Corey could decorate the house.    It was so adorable how excited Griffin was when he saw all the decorations.   He kept saying, "This is all for me?  It's so nice!"   It was getting dark when i took the picture, but hopefully you get the idea.




Corey spent most of Friday making Griffin's cake.  He went all out, and made a BIG truck, per Griffin's request.  I gotta say, I was pretty impressed.  The wheels were made of Ding Dongs.

The cake that Daddy made


The video is of Griffin blowing out his candles.  He had a blast playing with his friends, and I hope some good memories as well.

Since I'm going back to work, I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to devote to the blog.  I tell myself that I'll post a few times a month, but who am I kidding, it will probably be once every few months.  As long as I continue to take the pictures, that's the important thing.

No comments: